Bake candied pecans for a healthy alternative. A Holiday favorite, many find candied pecans so good that they find themselves tempted to give them away as special gifts! You will find them easier to bake than cookies...
1 lb (453.6g) Shelled/Halved Stuart Pecans
1 Beaten Egg White
1 tsp (4.93ml) Warm Water
1 C (128g) Granulated White Sugar
1 tsp (5g) Salt
1 Tbs (14.174g) Cinnamon
Optional: 1/4 tsp (1.25g) ea. Allspice, Cloves, Nutmeg
1. Beat egg white and warm water into a froth, in a large mixing bowl. Stir in pecans, coating evenly.
2. Mix all dry ingredients, in a large measuring cup, and slowly add to the egg washed pecans (mixing together well).
3. Spread evenly on an un-greased cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 300°F (148.89°C), turning every 10 minute.
4. Remove and cool to allow candied glaze to set firm. Use a separate cookie sheet when baking multiple batches.
* Try substituting half the amount of white sugar with brown sugar.
* Try adding Vanilla extract instead of water.
* For a little kick, sprinkle lightly with Cayenne pepper.
* When doing multiple 1lb batches, don't clean the cookies sheets in between.
* Very addictive!