How to Bake Candied Pecans
Bake candied pecans for a healthy alternative. A Holiday favorite, many find candied pecans so good that they find themselves tempted to give them away as special gifts! You will find them easier to bake than cookies...
1. Beat egg white and warm water into a froth, in a large mixing bowl. Stir in pecans, coating evenly.
2. Mix all dry ingredients, in a large measuring cup, and slowly add to the egg washed pecans (mixing together well).
3. Spread evenly on an un-greased cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 300°F (148.89°C), turning every 10 minute.
4. Remove and cool to allow candied glaze to set firm. Use a separate cookie sheet when baking multiple batches.
* Try substituting half the amount of white sugar with brown sugar.
* Try adding Vanilla extract instead of water.
* For a little kick, sprinkle lightly with Cayenne pepper.
* When doing multiple 1lb batches, don't clean the cookies sheets in between.
* Very addictive!